Thursday, February 19, 2009

Last Lecture

I LOVED this lecture. When I first seen what we had to do for this weeks blog I was dreading having to listen to some long boring lecture. Boy was I wrong. I thought everything in this entire lecture that he talked about was so touching and interesting. He brought up several points that really opened my eyes and made me look at things in a different perspective. I think he was such an amazing man just by listening to him for an hour and 20 minutes.
One thing that really opened my eyes was when he talked about waiting long enough and people will impress you. I feel that teachers jump to conclusions about a lot of their students and they do not give them long enough to show what they can do. That will be one of my goals as a teacher. Not to jump to conclusions about a student and I will give them enough time to express themselves.
Another thing that moved me was when he talked about telling someone they are doing something wrong is really helping them. I have never thought about that in that way. I feel like some teachers tell their students "good job" even when they really did not and I do think that hurts a child in the long run. This really opened my eyes to the fact even if you are wrong and someone tells you, they are just trying to help you. Not hurt you.
The way he used technology was amazing. He made technology fun and interesting. I could tell that he loved his job in every aspect and I think that is why he made it so interesting. I am glad we had this assignment because it really did open my eyes to so many different things and it made me think outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment