Monday, April 6, 2009

Blogs

When we first started this class and found out we had to have a blog and that we had to post to it every week I was really dreading it. Now that I have done it for a couple of months now it really is not all that bad. Actually, I have found some of the information we have had to research very interesting.
The things that I do like about blogging is that when I do a post I can go and look at other peoples blog our class to see what they wrote and to see what they thought about the particular assignment. I also think it is a good way for us to go out side of the box. If I would not have been assigned to this assignment i most likely would not have done any of the things that we have had to do for our blogs, so I think it is a great way to motivate soon to be teachers to search and write about what they have learned as well as reflect on things that might happen inside of your own classroom. Also, the things we have to research are things dealing with teaching and things that we may have to deal with and I think it is a great way for us to explore and learn about those things.
Some of the things that I do not like about the blogs is that we have to blog every week. I think it would be a much better experience if we only had to blog every other week or something like that. Also, we have many more assignments we have to complete on top of blogging and sometimes I get overwhelmed with the things we have to complete for this class. My best advice to upcoming students who have to take this class would be to do everything ahead of time. Do not wait until the last minute because everything seems to pile up at the end of the semester. I do all of my posts at the beginning of each week because at the end of the week I usually have a lot to do.
All in all I have really enjoyed doing the blogs because it has opened my eyes to a lot of things that I was unaware of before doing these posts. I think blogging would be great to use in my classroom because I think it would be a great way for me to get feedback from my students and to see whether or not they are understanding the things I will be teaching them. I also think it would be a great way for students to communicate with one another. I think if there is anyway possible that I could incorporate blogging into my classroom I will definitely do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment