Thursday, March 5, 2009

iTunes University

I found a lot of useful information on http://www.apple.com/education/mobile-learning/. First of all, it stated that learning no longer happens only at a desk. Students now expect constant access to information, no matter where they are. Which is exactly why more and more faculty are using iTunes U to distribute digital lessons to their students. This statement is so true because students have some form of a device to use whether it be an iPhone or a computer. This site also stated that iTunes U has the largest collection of free educational media available to students, teachers, and lifelong learners.
It also stated that iTunes U has become the the engine for the mobile learning movement. It puts the power of the iTunes Store in the hands of qualifying universities so they can distribute their educational media to their students or to the world. This is so amazing to me that we actually have something like this to use in our everyday lives. Another cool thing I found out about iTunes U is that you can set up your on site with a password and have selected members be a part of it. This information is very helpful because it is definitely something I would use in my own classroom. I could use this device for many things and I hope that it expands even more by the time I am a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment