Wednesday, January 14, 2009

ALEX

The Alabama Learning Exchange, ALEX, is a place teachers can go for many different things. One thing that I think is very handy is the Courses of Study link you can access from this database. You can search the Content Standards for the state of Alabama from this link. Another great thing about the Courses of Study link is that you can search the standards by grade level. With this database, teachers can also search for lesson plans. Teachers are also able to create their own lessons plans from this site. This site also has a professional learning link so the teachers can actually learn things that they might not already know. They can also catch up on the latest news. Lastly, this site offers a distance learning link called ACCESS. This is a way for students to earn AP credits, electives, and various other courses that may not be available at their school.

I think that ALEX will be a very useful resource for me when I become a teacher. I think the thing that will be beneficial to me is the Courses of Study link this site offers. I think this will lead me in the right direction on what I need to teach my students on a certain subject. In all, I think everyone of the resources that ALEX offers will be very helpful to me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment